Territory Venues and Events (TVE) commissioned ASR to conduct research into visitor utilisation of Stromlo Forest Park.
The objectives of the research were to gain a better understanding of:
- Why people use the Park;
- Where users come from;
- How often they use the Park; and
- What they like about the Park, as well as how it could be improved.
The research consisted of two stages involving a combination of qualitative and quantitative methodologies:
- Stage 1 – depth interviews (17), focus groups (2) and an online survey timed to take place during a non-daylight savings period; and
- Stage 2 – focus groups (5) and an online survey will be timed during daylight savings.
The qualitative component of the research involved:
- Telephone and face to face interviews of Park management, key stakeholders including Park user groups and well known sporting advocates (former professional and Olympic athletes); and
- Focus groups with Park users.
The quantitative component of the research was in the form of an online survey conducted among Park users that were recruited by field teams at the Park site.
ASR provided a qualitative report and a report combining qualitative findings with on-line survey findings.