For well over two years, Parramatta City Council has been an active Survey Manager user. They currently conduct around 40 projects a year covering staff and community topics like:
- staff travel activities, both to and from work and during work
- team to team service evaluation within Council
- community satisfaction with overall Council services
- specific service user evaluations like libraries, outdoor entertainment and waste collection
- community perceptions of safety and crime.
Council uses Survey Manager’s panel management feature extensively. Parramatta has one of the largest LGA community panels in Australia with close to 1800 members. Called Community Voice, the panel has increased steadily since the beginning of 2011 when there were only 500 members. Community Voice members are invited to nearly all community surveys and are valuable contributors to Council’s research program.
David Briant, Parramatta City Council’s Research and Consultation Co-ordinator has found Survey Manager to be user friendly, powerful and less complicated than other survey software applications. He encourages Council staff to use it rather than cheaper offerings because Survey Manager has better logic features, it’s easy to use images, offers greater security and faster, local support than other similar products.