Quantitative (QN) research
Quantitative research provides numbers and statistics. It lends itself to mass data collection techniques such as Computer-Aided-Telephone-Interviewing (CATI), paper surveys and online surveys. We use all three methods.
We develop, use, support and sell an enterprise survey and data collection software system called SurveyManager®. The product creates online questionnaires and e-forms in all languages.
Over 2.5 million Australians currently complete a SurveyManager questionnaire or e-form annually. We have the capacity to receive over 1.5 million questionnaires/e-forms each day.
SurveyManager enables integrated management of survey design and administration, respondent management, as well as analysis and interpretative reporting of survey data. It has been developed and tested in the cauldron of an active market research practice where we conduct projects for ourselves as well as other firms.
Surveys can be offered in a number of ways using SurveyManager, including:
- Anonymous - where a questionnaire can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with return later password - a questionnaire that can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link. A respondent is given a password to allow questionnaire completion over multiple sessions. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with unique login code - a questionnaire can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link accompanied by a unique login code which allows them to complete once. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Anonymous with common survey access code - a questionnaire can be answered by anyone with access to the survey link and who has been provided a common survey password—one password for all respondents. Respondents remain completely anonymous.
- Invitational - a questionnaire that is distributed to a pool of known respondents. Each invitee is provided with a unique ID/password to access the survey and which also serves as a respondent identifier.
- Multi-rater surveys - all variants of upward feedback, team, 180° and 360° surveys. Each respondent gets a personalised web menu of questionnaires showing all the people that they are answering about, together with their role in relation to the person (such as manager, peer, customer, etc). Our software allows for user-selected respondents. Questionnaires are bundled together for multiple recipients. Pre-survey messages and reminders are sent automatically and progress is tracked. Individual feedback reports can be returned by paper, email and the web.
Reporting within SurveyManager
- Use its suite of in-built numerical and statistical reports including crosstabs
- Word cloud for free text answers.
- Dashboards which are user-defined (no programming required).
Report engines for market research
We use several powerful reporting engines to produce customised clients reports based on a standard template. These can be produced as PDFs or disseminated over the web where each report can be password-protected.
The success (and cost) of Computer-Aided-Telephone-Interviewing is dependent on the incident rate, i.e., the number of interviews which can be achieved per hour. This in turn depends upon the target audience. For example, interviews of the general population over 18 years of age has a higher incidence rate than targeting 55+ year-olds who use a particular brand of shampoo.